books loaned throughout the District last year
students in the middle school
library/ technology classes per week
- Information literacy – Learning to find and use the right information efficiently and effectively.
- Information management – Modeling how maneuver through and choose from the vast information available online.
- Reading advocacy – Reading with students and sharing examples of good literature to promote student exposure to new books, as well as old favorites.
- Digital citizenship – Teaching students ways to stay safe, be aware, and navigate intelligently while interacting online.
- Media Literacy – Teaching students to understand and be aware of the multitude of advertising tactics used toward. Students learn to analyze, evaluate, and create appropriate media.
- Computational thinking – Students learn the initial steps of coding computer games while problem solving simple algorithms.
My name is Andrea Feige (pronounced “Fie-Jee”) and I am the Library Media Specialist at the Middle School.
I started teaching at Monforton in 2012 as the K-8 Music Educator. As our District has grown, I’ve worked as the Elementary Music Educator and now as the Middle School Library Media Specialist.
When I’m not teaching, there are a number of other things I could be doing: hiking, climbing, fly fishing, biking, cooking, baking, reading, traveling, camping, knitting, backpacking and generally enjoying life.
Monforton Used Book Sale!
Wednesday, January 24th, 2023 from 4-6pm at the Middle School Library.
Now accepting book donations!