hours a week writing
times a day at recess
healthy snacks a day
Mr. DeArmond has been the Social Studies teacher at Monforton since the Fall of 2015. He has also served as a Student Council Advisor and a Coordinator for the 8th Grade trip.
He believes in a structured, yet fun and engaging classroom. Middle school is a challenging time for personal, social, and intellectual growth. Mr. D includes team-building activities to foster important relationships based on cooperation, communication, creative thinking, and trust.
Some of Mr. D’s favorite activities include fishing, rafting, camping, and skiing with his family. He is married to Nicole and has two children, Brayden and Dani. The DeArmond’s have two dogs, Daisy and Abby.
Google Classroom Codes:
6A (4th Hour – Mrs. Slusser): xkzv5tu
6B (7th Hour): p8x2sye
- Students will be required to complete and submit a 5 Ws form each week to Google Classroom. I will present options for current news stories via Flocabulary’s Week in Rap. Students can then choose their own articles and sources for their 5 Ws weekly assignment. Students may choose a story from the Week in Rap, but it does NOT have to be. They may choose something of interest to them.
- Once per trimester, each student will be responsible for a student-led class discussion via a Google Slide presentation. They will choose their presentation dates at the beginning of the trimester.
Facts, Opinions & False Facts
- Identify statements that are facts and statements that are opinions
- Identify facts and opinions in news coverage
- Analyze and fact-check a news article